For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides


John Hulse




Name: John C. Hulse, Jr.

City: West Palm Beach

Birthplace: New York City

Artistic Medium: Painter/Acrylic

How did you get started?
Watching my father who was an artist and being encouraged by my middle school art teacher, Keith Jones, who treated me as an artistic equal.

Who or what are your influences?
I am most influenced by the great classic Spanish painters, Juan Sanchez Cotan, Luis Melendez, and Francisco de Zurbaran.

What inspires your work?
The desire to leave some something of beauty in the world that may be enjoyed by people, hopefully for many years to come.

How does Miami/South Florida influence your work?
The creative people I’ve met through my wife, particularly in the south Florida theatre community, always inspire me to be creative.

How would you describe your work?
I try to portray the simple beauty I see in every day objects, and hopefully on occasion I succeed.

What has been the most unusual reaction to your work from the public?
At my first one man showing a woman got really cross with me over a painting I did of four pears. She was irritated that I chose to include the small scratches and bruises that were on the fruit and told me she probably would have bought the painting it if I had “made them perfect”.

What would you like to achieve as an artist?
Become one of the one percent of American artists who are fortunate enough to actually make a living from their art work.

Where is your work available?
Currently I am between galleries, however, inquiries about purchasing my work can be made through my website, www.john-hulse.com, and on occasion I put a few small pieces of my art up for auction on eBay.

quote





No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails