For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Adam Rhude

Adam Rhude











''I aim to portray the beauty in everyday life. In recording the familiar, I find things I can connect with. It is my hope these subjects, that carry personal meaning to me, might also offer unique meaning to others.

Some of my earliest artistic influences were golden age illustrators. N.C. Wyeth was a particular favorite of mine who’s work inspired me to major in illustration at the Savannah College of Art and Design. Throughout the next few years I was able to accept a wide variety of illustration assignments including editorial, advertising, print, book as well as storyboards.

I moved to New York City with the intention of furthering my illustration career. Ironically, exposure to the cities exceptional art collections changed my course dramatically. I discovered artists such as: Velasquez, Sargent, Sorolla, Chardin, and the Tonalists. I soon abandoned my commercial illustration pursuits in hopes of becoming a fine artist. I was extremely fortunate to have found some of the cities most respected traditional painters offer me a classical art training. I studied most extensively under Jacob Collins, Michael Grimaldi and Ron Sherr.

Having grown up on Cape Cod, I was exposed to lots of working artists and idyllic places to draw and paint. Recently, I have returned to Massachusetts. I look forward to finding these things in my new neighborhood in Boston.''


Adam Rhude


Born:

1972, Cotuit MA


Education:


1990-1994 B.F.A., Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah GA
1996-1997 Art Students League, New York NY
1998-2000 Water Street Atelier, New York NY
2002-2003 Studio 126, New York NY

Selected Awards:

Certificate of Recognition, 2001 International Portrait Competition
Portrait Society of America, Tallahassee FL

Honorable Mention, (2003) First International ARC Salon
Art Renewal Center, Port Reading, NJ

Honorable Mention, 2004 International Portrait Competition
Portrait Society of America, Tallahassee FL










No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails