For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Munazza Naeem



I am a Painter and Printmaker. Most of my work is based on vivid Memories. Memory is dependent of any unity of time and place. I take aspiration from short term, long term, perennial, and auditory memories. Some times I use semiotics in my narrative works to create another dimension. The human psychology, simultaneity of different time of frames is present in my work. My work has innumerous theme, I silently conversation with simplicity. I always try to search Philosophical aspect in my work. My work is a fusion between figurative and abstract way of observing my surroundings. I try to do complex overlapping of images, time, and movement through space. My work has a strong connection between space and time. Especially I overlap many images/reflections to create multidimensional layers. My viewers feel the smoothness and transparency in a deep manner. My unique artistic styles give me an understanding of significance of particular ideas regarding my vivid memories and nostalgia. I am getting involved in dreams. I try to capture sensitive reflections of memory that people normally ignore. Also I am using the past serious issues from history. By focusing on the mental, emotional, and physical grounds we all share in our society. I open this window in my work, which gives broad meaning to my thoughts. It takes the viewers from one frame to another time frame. Memory is the mirror of the world. But this memory is frail. Every day, irreplaceable parts of this memory disappear for ever. I want to save them for our new generations. I want to share them with all other communities. I do not want to keep them in my personal dairy.









Born 19 July,1975, Lahore, Pakistan. Live in Windsor Canada. Munazza has lived in Lahore, Pakistan, New Dehli, India, Riyadh, Saudia Arabia, Toronto, Canada.


Education
Education:
2006 MFA, (Major in art, with distinction) Wayne State University, Detroit,MI, USA.
2002 Post diploma credit courses (Advanced Painting Studio, Drawing & Painting)Ontario College of Art and Design, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
1994-98 BFA (Major in Painting, with distinction), National College of Arts, Lahore, Pakistan.
1994 Diploma in Visual Arts, Lahore Arts Council, Pakistan. Painting, Drawing.

Awards and Scholarships:
2005-06 Graduate Professional Scholarship, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI,USA.
2004-05 Thomas C. Rumble Fellowship, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA.
2003-04John & Irene Sowinski Endowment, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI,USA.
1998 Distinction, Bachelors of Fine Arts, National College of Arts, Lahore, Pakistan.
1994-8 Merit scholarships, National college of Arts, Lahore, Pakistan.


source









© Munazza Naeem

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails