For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Vic Vicini




I attended Wayne State University and received a BFA in printmaking and painting. I was influenced by artist such as Richard Estes and Andrew Wyeth. Early in my career I focused on etching and engravings and exhibited throughout the Midwest.

Early in the 1990's I had the opportunity to meet the well known egg tempera painter Robert Vickrey at an opening. His detailed renderings in egg tempera played a huge influenced on me. I experimented for a number of years in egg tempera and really enjoyed the science of the art.

For the past decade or so, I rediscovered oil and have not looked backed. My subject matter focuses on objects of nostalgia. My parents both came from San Marino, Italy and you can imagine food was a big part of my upbringing. I enjoyed the culture of my heritage but my ambition as a youth was to discover America and all its charm. Memories of a typical American breakfast or dinner as a kid, going to little diners with my Dad and helping my little Italian Grandmother in the kitchen are things that are in my thoughts when I paint my still life's. Whether its vintage cars, old toasters or retro food packaging art, these are thoughts and images that play a strong influence in my art. It seems that if it is retro more than likely I will put it on canvas.


Blog














© Vic Vicini

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails