For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Cayetano Valenzuela








“My paintings are a sort of documentation and exploration of memory, personal relationships and the underbelly of the American cultural landscape. By using a range of mark making and line work I build the image within a few layers. In the paintings I allow imagery from one instance to blend into another like a seamless collage.The logic of memory works very much like the logic of dreaming and that idea has been one of the underpinnings of my work and something that I am just really fascinated by. I try to combine the fluidity of memory with a delicate line and modulated color washes that cast a poetic resonance to capture the character of a memory caught midstream.”







No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails