For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Cindy Heinz















"I am a full time artist and teacher. My Husband of thirty years, a potter, and I work out of our home studio in Warrenville, Illinois. It is a place of creative dust. I have always been making art and am fortunate enough to have parents who recognized and encouraged my work. At age seven I began taking classes at the Art Institute of Chicago. I earned a bachelors in Fine Arts from Pratt Institute. In the year 2000 I received my M.F.A. from Northern Illinois University and have been teaching drawing there full time.

 I became involved with the health field. Through investigation of the physical effects of time on the body, I found a fascination with aging flesh. Not only am I observing age on the human anatomy but time’s impact on the organic matter around. I am a committed gardener and often watch as the tomatoes ripen, to rot, to seed ,to regeneration. I witness the same cyclic effect on the matter of fabric and flesh.

 My family and the nature surrounding my studio have become the resource for my visual vocabulary. I am inspired by continuous changes observed through inner connnectedness felt by engaging time and the positive metamorphosis of the body and spirit. It is possible to see the full potential of life in nature and I find it imperative to offer this image to the viewer through drawing...."


Cindy Heinz


EDUCATION

2000 Master of Fine Arts
 Northern Illinois University
 Teaching Fellowship, Drawing

1973 B.F.A. Pratt Institute, Honors
 Major: Drawing
 Minor: Education


AWARDS

2007
Lester Norris Award, Norris Vicinity Exhibition
 Visual Culture and Gender, Multimedia journal, featured Artist
2005 Flash Quake, Digital Magazine, featured artist
2004 Living Artists, Nationally published book, a featured artist
2003 Ragdale Foundation Residency
2003 Best of Show, Paper in Particular, Columbia College
2001 Northern Illinois University Diversity Award [recognition for instruction of students with learning differences]
2001 Best of Show, 60th Annual, Southern Utah University National Exhibition
2000 City of Warrenville, Community service recognition for work in the arts


REPRESENTATION


Ann Nathan Gallery, Chicago, Illinois.











No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails