For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Iskren Semkov





Painting is my passion since my childhood. Although I made an attempt to become a ‘normal’ person, studying Ecology, I needed less than a year to understand that painting can’t just be a hobby for me…

Now I am a 25-year-old full-time artist with 4 solo exhibitions and numerous participations in group and conceptual exhibitions in Bulgaria as well as in Greece and Taiwan. During my experience I developed my style into a more magical realistic one, combining different objects with landscapes. Although inspired by the old masters, my works bear the contemporary spirit of today.

My paintings reflect the mystery of life. The nature is a mystery. The life is a mystery. Everything around us is a big mystery. I take objects from my daily surroundings and from the nature, arrange them into a canvas space, trying to make an optical illusion and at the same time I concern various mystery themes. Sometimes I am impressed by the luck, or the inspiration and the muse, sometimes – by nature, or infinity… These themes spread a surrealistic touch into my paintings and that makes them magically realistic. I work strictly with oil paint. The characteristic of my technique is putting many color layers until I accomplish a satisfactory realistic image. I experiment with color combinations. Although the colors of my paintings may look homogeneous, when you approach the canvas you will see many nuances of different colors.


source















No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails