For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Sergio Albiac















I create visual imagery to articulate my thoughts about the beauty, contradictions and emotion of the act of living. My work revolves around the interior worlds we create in our minds and the tensions that arise when confronted to our realities. The illusion of control in a world much governed by randomness and the elusive nature of emotions are also recurring ideas in my work.

My usual working process involves writing computer programs that generate images. Once my idea is translated into computer code, I search and select the visual results that better express my point. Sometimes, these generative images are the final work and sometimes I use the programs as an electronic sketchbook to visualize my concept before I transfer it into a painting . As I value freedom of expression, I do not feel constrained to a single medium or style and I use either traditional or new media to express my artistic vision.

I am guided by intuition and passion rather than conceptual assumptions. I want to stimulate in the viewer alternative answers to his or her questions or better, totally new doubts.













Creo piezas visuales para articular mis pensamientos sobre la belleza, contradicciones y la emoción del acto de vivir. Mi trabajo se relaciona con los mundos interiores que creamos en nuestras mentes y las tensiones que resultan cuando los enfrentamos a nuestras realidades. La ilusión de control en un mundo básicamente gobernado por el azar y la elusiva naturaleza de las emociones son también ideas recurrentes en mi trabajo.

Mi proceso de creación habitual consiste en escribir programas de ordenador que generan imágenes. Una vez que mi idea se ha traducido en código de computadora, busco y selecciono los resultados visuales que mejor expresan mi tema. A veces, esas imágenes generativas son el trabajo final y otras, utilizo los programas como un especie de libreta de apuntes para visualizar los conceptos antes de pintar un cuadro. Como valoro mucho la libertad de expresión artística, no me siento obligado a limitarme a un único medio o estilo. Por ello utilizo medios tradicionales o “new media” según me convenga para expresar mi visión artística.

Me guío por la intuición y la pasión más que por suposiciones conceptuales. Quiero estimular en el espectador respuestas alternativas a sus preguntas o, mejor, dudas totalmente nuevas.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails