For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Andrea Peterson







"Artist Bio:
I create paintings suggestive of dreams and the abstract reality woven within them. Raised along the east coast mainly growing up in Wilmington NC, I graduated from East Carolina University with a concentration in Illustration. I then traveled and lived first in Washington, D.C. and then New York, NY where I pursued my passion for oil painting.
Arizona became my home base for my creations in 2009 - first Tucson, now Phoenix. I find infinite inspiration within this exotic landscape where desert and mountains merge.

Artist Statement:
Patterns, portraits, and figures are frequently the focal point within my surreal paintings.  I consider myself an idiosyncratic surrealist, and find my work constantly evolving within a broad spectrum, with consistent themes revolving around dreams, mythology and at times alluding to stories I grew up with. Since moving west, my palette has brightened, and my subject matter has become more infused with natural beauty. Within my art, I blend these worlds of reality and dreams into one ethereal universe, beckoning the viewer to find their story within it."














No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails