For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Marek Zyga




















The works which I presentation are made of chamotte day. I am fascinated with is rough structure. 
Through impressing, casting, forming I try to obtain its variety.

Looking for ideas, I collect stones, metal scraps, which constitute an inspiration for me. Their randomness 
make my works unique. Trying to maintain harmony between used materials I remember that clay is the 
most crucial one. I hope that such connection is succesful.

Using pigments, engobes or glazes, I try to make them color coordinated; where there is a visible diversity, 
I try avoid color clash. Final result means for me giving equal importance to art and craft as well. Content 
is important for me but I pay the same attention to form.
As far as my works concerned, I am trying to appeal to a sophisticated and wide audience as well.

Marek Zyga







No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails