For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Pauline Jones













"Born in Merseyside in 1946, I studied painting at the Central School of Art and Design ’64 – ’68, and at the Slade for a post grad.

I fell out of the gallery system when I switched from painting landscapes to cracks in walls, dripping with existential angst. Over the years I earned my living by doing graphics, animation, illustration and textile design, all to support my painting habit and let it unfold without pressure. I became ensnared in Photo Realist paintings, ‘Waiting’ was the last one. A series of life events then sent me into a nosedive.

On recovery, with help, I then discovered my painting territory at the tender age of 45.

I am still exploring, obsessed with painting and not dead yet."


Pauline Jones








No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails