For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Susie Pryor











"Under the Surface:

PFA: Tell us about your background. Where did you grow up? Your family?
I grew up in Athens GA. Both of my parents were from small towns in North GA,. I had a very close relationship with my Grandparents in Clarkesville. Visiting their rural home amid cows and barns was very influential as my Grandmother’s spiritual and giving nature seemed to answer so many of life’s questions. 


PFA: How would you say your background influenced your career? And at what age did you become curious about art? 
I began drawing at the age of 12 and my mother encouraged me to try painting in my early teens. Through high school, painting filled my afternoons as I struggled to render old barns and still life set ups sans any formal training. The challenge kept me entertained and out of trouble during the Rocking 70’s.


PFA: What inspires you, and how do you stay inspired? How has this shaped your artistic philosophy? 
People of visible genuine character inspire me. This may be why children frequently surface in my work. They have yet to become self conscious and concerned with how they are perceived by others.


PFA: What artist(s) has (have) had the biggest influence on your work? 
All of them, all eras, all genres, All.

PFA: What is your artistic philosophy? 
In every artistic effort, it’s most important to embark on something unknown either in process, materials, or in subject. The result will be fresh, genuine and contain an electric charge that can’t be found in work that is approached with over confidence.

PFA: What do you need around you while you are working in the studio? 
Mo-town music.

PFA: What do you most enjoy doing while you are not painting? 
Photography

PFA: What is your favorite traveling experience? 
FRANCE, last Fall.

PFA: If you weren't an artist, what would you be? 
A Gallerist!"


quote















No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails