For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Chris Riccardo






"We are living in a world of hypocrisy, it permeates us like a virus, making us weaker everyday. We as a society have lost our ability to think for ourselves and are told what we should eat and wear and drive and whom we should fuck. 
I make ceramic sculpture that some have said is shocking or disgusting. I believe I am only showing what we are all truly thinking or desire in some way. I do not set out to shock, because I don't believe anything I have created is shocking, I believe it is truth and honesty. If my work does shock or offend then I have struck a nerve in the viewer and I say, 'well done SIr!". It's the hypocrites I want, to present them with something so shocking, yet sculpturally beautiful that they can't take their  eyes off of it!"


EDUCATION:
1990 - BFA- College of Fine Arts, Boston University, Boston, MA







No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails