For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Edward Taylor









"In my current work I choose to depict the man-made environment which I inhabit and interact with on a daily basis. I like to observe and record as accurately as I can. I make the scene my own by painting the view from an unusual angle which in some cases can often juxtapose different elements and presents the vista in a new light, or by adding loaded imagery, changing adverts, road signs etc. I have a keen interest in architecture especially ecclesiastical, I enjoy exploring in my work how building styles/ functions can compliment or be at odds with one another."


source




"I am a Bristol based artist.
My current work is influenced by the architectural diversity of Bristol, particularly its abundance of
ecclesiastical buildings.
I take inspiration from the rich historical tale that surrounds the periods of building and neglect in the
city. This is a major factor in buildings from many periods existing together.
I mainly work in oil, pen and ink."


source

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails