For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Anne-Berte




Anne-Berte


Worked for and trained by ceramist:

    Carl Olaf Olsen, Sandnes 2001 - 2004

Work as a decorator:

    Gabrielsen Furniture Factory, Stvgr.1997 - 2001
    Stavanger Municipality Project Mohammed Olsen, Stvgr. 1993 - 1994
    Ital Design, Stvgr. 1986 - 1997
    Kim Tvedt as, Stavanger 1984 - 1989

Education:

    Bergeland Upper Secondary School, VgI - VgII  Decorator 1979 - 1981
    Arendal Vocational School,(drawing, painting, designing) 1978 - 1979













"Hello!

Here I am taking a picture of a vase I just finished in my workshop at Lauvstø in the wonderful town of Grimstad, Norway.


I opened the place in 2004, but as you can see in my CV, I've had different jobs before that, mostly in Stavanger, where I took my education as a decorator.


I worked at various shops, stores and institutions, did some painting and interior decorating, designed posters, took care of exhibitions etc.


Before moving to Grimstad, I met the well-known ceramist Carl Olaf Olsen in Sandnes. I started working for him, and he taught me a lot about the art of ceramics. So one thing became more and more clear to me: my future lies in a career in shaping clay into objects of art.


And if you want to find out what I've been doing since I opened my workshop, please take a look at the pictures of some of my products."





Anne-Berte

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails