For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Helen B Wilson


Helen B Wilson








I was born in Scotland in 1981 during the heaviest snowfall Scotland has had to date.

In 2003 whilst studying at Central Saint Martin’s college of Art and Design in London, I watched a short film by David Lynch called ‘The Grandmother’. I was totally enamored by the ghostly little boy wearing a tuxedo that the film centres around. Since that point I have predominately stuck with the theme of (somewhat) macabre children. I frequently look towards the work of Loretta Lux, Vee Spears, Laurie Lipton, Gottfried Helnwein and Floria Sigismondi for inspiration.

In addition to being a portrait artist and painter I trained in taxidermy as I have a keen interest in Victoriana, another recurring theme in my work.

I currently live and work in Hackney Wick in East London.




No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails