For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Thea Penna












Thea Penna 

I was born in Harlow, Essex, and after completing my Art Foundation course at Harlow college I moved to Wakefield for three years where I studied Surface Pattern Design at Bretton Hall college of Art (part of Leeds University), which I loved.  I was encouraged to use portraiture in my textile designs as I had such a passion for painting in this style.

After graduating with a First Class honours in 1997 I gained a place at The Royal College of Art, London, where I studied Printed Textiles for two years.  I have worked in design studios ever since.

Along side my textiles career I have worked on a variety of commissioned portraits and other figurative works for exhibitions around London. 

I currently live in the East End of London, Tower Hamlets, UK.

Thea Penna





2 comments:

Alethea Nash said...

Looooove your work! And it's no wonder because I'm a Thea too! The old woman is my favorite. She is me in 40 years. It was like looking in a mirror.

Submarine said...

Wonderful work.

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails