For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Arnoldas Švenčionis



Arnoldas Švenčionis



"My name is Arnoldas Švenčionis. I was born in Kaunas 45 years ago. It’s been 20 years since I live in Vilnius.

In 1985, after my service in the Soviet army, I entered Vilnius Art Academy, the specialty of sculpting. When I finished the studies in 1991, I participated in the competition for design of the anniversary coin “Re-establishment of Republic”, “Independence”. My work was appreciated, I even won a prize so I was very content with the outcome.

This is how my creative life begun. I went on working with granite and wood. When my joints grew tired of working with the pneumatic drill, I rested a bit using the ordinary one.

With my art, I am trying to transmit the message of all the wonderful things God and people have created. Each movement of a finger, glance, posture is a language communicating the mood, emotion. Actually it tells much more information, subtle and persuasive, than words could ever do. I also consider myself having a good sense of humor which can be noticed in my art.

I wish you all good mood and excellent health!"

Facebook Page



















No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails