For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Camila Rocha









Camila Rocha




"On these portraits (paintings and drawings), I strive to invite the viewer to watch a monolog as a spectator to this one singular feeling that I experienced as a person.
Memories of the life around me, people who shape me, who intrigue me.
As a young painter my challenge is to create a mood using the medium. As a researcher and an eternal student I have attempted to use different materials and surfaces to work on, to push myself in different approaches to convey this impression. More often I choose to express myself in a visual language, as if in a spiritual dream , melancholic and sublime, thus Romanticist, working with normal life models and evoking a hint of drama, as If I was writing a poem in a canvas or paper, trying to capture the momentum in which I feel more connected to a specific feeling that I wanted to be expressed."

Degree

2007-2009 Mixed media focus on Acrylic painting and Drawing Apprenticeship at Shunkun, with Sensei Kaoru Ito in Sao Paulo/Brazil.
2009-2012 LAAFA (Los Angeles Academy of figurative art), incomplete Bachelors' program.
2009 3 months Apprenticeship of Old Masters painting technique at Adrian Gotlieb studio, Los Angeles/CA.
2010-2012 9 months Apprenticeship with focus on Painting and Drawing at Richard Morris studio in Van Nuys/CA.
​​
Awards

2010 $5000 Schoolasship winner at LAAFA (Los Angeles Academy of figurative art)


Facebook Page  here and here








No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails