For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Eileen Murphy







Eileen Murphy


Born in 1981 in Mount Kisco, NY

BA from Mount Holyoke College, 2003

MFA from Pratt Institute, 2006

Eileen lives and works in Brooklyn NY













Artist Bio

Education:

MFA Painting, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn NY 2006
BA Studio Art and Art History, Mount Holyoke College, S. Hadley MA 2003

Selected Group Shows:

"The Constant Love Bakery," MFA thesis show, April 2006
"19 Artists," McCaig-Welles Gallery, Brooklyn, NY 2005
MFA Group Show, Steuben Gallery, Pratt Institute, 2005
Open Studios, Pratt Institute, 2004-2006
1st Year MFA Group Show, Pratt Institute 2005











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I viewed your paintings this evening at Carrie Haadad Gallery, and was amazed by your talent. I'm also an artist, BFA in fine arts/ illustration from R.I.T. The level of detail and realism in your paintings is phenomenal. I especially liked "living room", the subtle soft light and reflections captured through the curtains evoked a tranquil gentleness. I look forward to seeing more of your future work. Sincerely, Charles Griffin.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I viewed your paintings this evening at Carrie Haadad Gallery, and was amazed by your talent. I'm also an artist, BFA in fine arts/ illustration from R.I.T. The level of detail and realism in your paintings is phenomenal. I especially liked "living room", the subtle soft light and reflections captured through the curtains evoked a tranquil gentleness. I look forward to seeing more of your future work. Sincerely, Charles Griffin.

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails