For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Judi Smith










Judi Smith



"I'm Judi Smith. A self taught clay artist with an insatiable desire to learn, share and experiment along a clay art journey.

It started 20 years when a friend offered me a handful of clay and told me to go away and make something. Faces and figures were the first interest. Distractions of other forms came and went but I have returned to the beginning with the addition of the joojoo range.

For intense firing excitement, I love to raku.
For sculptural work I use an electric kiln.

You're invited to view Cup Cakes and Chocolate to learn a bit about me and Fired Up to learn about what inspires me about clay, and some stories and images from exhibitions and conferences I have been involved with.
The Clay Art Gallery of past and present clay artworks is under construction, but in this section you can see what I am currently working on, and some of the inspirations behind them.
Also check out the Clayzee Magazine, a place where I can share some of the interesting bits and bobs from the world of clay.

“What I am is but a collection of where I have been and what I have experienced.

What I am now is not what I was then. I am recreating me in the moment as you are too – collecting experiences that will reflect who ‘I am’ tomorrow.”"



Judi Smith









No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails