For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Grace Kim








Grace Kim




I arrived to the art scene later in my life after a successful career as an architect, after raising my family, and found that it’s never too late to pursue own dreams. My work is based on fairly traditional standards of composition. I strive for balance and some sense of movement throughout the work. In my work I try to capture the beauty I see in natural objects, their color and the play of light upon them. There is certain satisfaction I find in making permanent on the canvas these often fleeting images of nature. Nearly all of my subject material is grown in my own organic garden & orchard. As an artist, my desire to share my interpretation and vision of the world’s beauty with others is an honor and a gift I cherish everyday. The ability to master the basics of drawing is key to any artist so I joined a weekly life drawing session. I also paint as copyist at the National Gallery of Art in D.C. I attend Shuler’s School of Fine Art. I studied still life painting under Ken Marlow, a renowned still-life artist.





















No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails