For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Michelle Jader










Michelle Jader





"My work explores moments when we willingly and unwillingly dive into the next phase of our life. Whether it’s moving to a new city, starting or ending a relationship, having a baby, or quitting a job, these moments of endings and beginnings are alternately terrifying and exhilarating. Ready or not, we jump, fall or are pushed, and our lives change.

Transitions like these include the sense of falling, lack of control, and the feeling that anything is possible. We’re vulnerable in these moments and despite our best efforts, our actions seem to be more public than other times in our lives. To capture these feelings, I paint a series of images on semi-transparent, acrylic panels. The push and pull inherent in having different layers of images support the work’s theme and provide an exciting way to paint motion, change and emotional release.

My own life has had its fair share of change. I owned my own marketing consulting business for 10 years and worked with Fortune 500 companies before following my heart and earning an MFA in fine art painting from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. Originally from Minnesota, I live in San Francisco and work out of my studio in the Mission district."











biography


"For nearly 20 years I worked with professional artists devising marketing campaigns and helping companies launch new products. The truth is, I loved being a marketing consultant. I enjoyed the challenges and the rewards of the business world. But I especially enjoyed working with those talented and creative artists.

As my career progressed, I secretly and increasingly imagined a life where I could spend my time creating art that wasn’t subject to unanimous team approval or validated by the number of units moved. I just wanted to create my own art. In the summer of 2007, when the urge to be a full-time artist was too strong, I took the leap and enrolled in the Academy of Art University’s graduate program for fine art painting.

For me that was an exhilarating change. One of many moments in my life where I've been in the midst of making an important life decision and felt like I was on the edge of a steep cliff with my only choices being jump, fall, or dive. These critical times of life, whether it's leaving home for the first time, starting or ending a relationship, or beginning and ending a job, contain a universal feeling of loss of control, time moving forward, and hurtling through space. My current series explores that moment when we willingly and unwillingly hurl ourselves over the edge of the cliff armed only with faith in ourselves."







No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails