For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Stanislav Groz













Stanislav Groz


Born in 1973, in Saint Petersburg (then Leningrad), Russia, Stanislav studied in School at the Academy of Fine Arts, and at Saint Petersburg State University.

He worked in computer graphics beginning in the middle of the 1990s and was the lead graphic designer for electronic expositions of biggest Russian museums, including the Moscow Kremlin, State Russian Museum, and Kunstkamera.

While in graphic design, Stanislav developed as a painter and began exhibiting his works at the end of the 1990s. His most recent personal exhibitions were held in Saint Petersburg – one with the support of State Hermitage Museum in the palace of Grand Duke Vladimir, which belongs now to the Russian Academy of Science, and the other in the Anna Akhmatova museum at the Fountain House.

In 2011 he moved to San Francisco, where he now lives and works.












Stanislav Groz



Models
​​
My models are people that I know, however the process of each
painting's creation is far from simple portraying of a model.
At first I develop an image I wish to reflect, and only when I get
a strong visualization of this image, only then I start selecting
a model. At the same time, in order to preserve an essence
of the image I'm working on, I, myself, have to act as a model too, playing the role, and growing in myself the emotional state
that I need.
Thus, the painting becomes an "emotional snapshot" of a person that
does not exist in reality. And so the way that I use my models has
rather technical, anatomical perspective.






No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails