For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Laurie Goldstein-Warren







Laurie Goldstein-Warren



I am Laurie Goldstein-Warren and I live in West Virginia.

I have been painting watercolors for fourteen years. Art has always been a part of my life. When I was young, ballet, tap and jazz dancing was my creative outlet. I was a dancer in the Rochester Academy of Performing Arts dance troupe until the age of 18. Later on my creative path took me to hair styling. I opened my own salon in New York and competed in fantasy hair competitions. I loved these particular shows because you had to create something never seen before, more avante garde than styles you would see on the street. When I moved to West Virginia in 1998 and found myself in the countryside, I went back to one of my first creative loves, art.



After many years of studying the art of watercolor with some fantastic teachers and mentors, I have been so fortunate to have found success in this field. My artwork has been shown all over this country and was exhibited in China last year. I now enjoy teaching my limited palette techniques in portrait workshops and jurying exhibits around the country.

I found my voice in art… find yours….Create!











No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails