For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Carolyn Epperly












Carolyn Epperly



ARTIST’S STATEMENT
After working in several media, I finally discovered water
color. The splendid colors and the transparency allowed me to succeed in my goal of depicting dramatic light
on an object. Although my favorite subjects are figures, I am fascinated by the influence of liht on color
and impact. In fact, as I work, I am actually painting the light and its effect rather than the subject itself.

BIOGRAPHY
Education:
BA, University of South Carolina















No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails