For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Darren Thompson



















Darren Thompson





Before I became a painter I spent 15 years honing my skills in the field of illustration. Doing editorial work for various publications. I began to transition to fine art in 2003. At that time I rented studio space to a great painter named C.W. Mundy. It was a great learning experience to have someone of his caliber right down the hall. I learned quite a bit which leads me to where I am today. My paintings are urban scenes taken from here in Chicago. I also use my art skills in the classroom as well. I use it as a visual aid for teaching students in special education for the Chicago Public Schools.

Education - BFA Savannah College of art and Design 1991


Facebook Page







No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails