For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Anne Meyer













Anne Meyer


"I am an artist who has worked in several mediums and has been focused on art-making since I could talk. My pieces are the physical evidence left by an on-going inquiry into who I am and my relationship to the world, and they allow me to see change in myself.

Making art for me is like breathing: underpinning my day-to-day concerns are cycles of inspiration and expression. I look to art for evidence of human awareness and concern, and I invest my own thoughts and caring into my art-work. My measure of my work is if others are moved by it, and I value my work for the dialogue it creates between me and its viewers. I am continually amazed at the stories that my pieces draw out of others, deepening my understanding of the images I've made.

I believe that by choosing to engage with something, we encounter an opportunity to develop and to become. Art is the language I understand with which to engage the world."


Anne Meyer

1 comment:

Gumer Paz said...

Impressive work of Anne Meyer. Thanks for sharing
A hug from Spain :)

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails